Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCI or DBS???

Options
  • 10-07-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi everyone.
    I've spotted two part time hounours degree courses at NCI and DBS.

Just wondering has anyone any experience of the two colleges and would people have a preference for either or?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

From a personal viewpoint, id be more inclined to go for NCI. If you are assuming a business degree?

DBS from the outset looks like it offers more courses, but they are usually the same template for all Levels throughout the degrees, then substituting one or two modules here and there for whichever course you pick.

NCI offers a broad range of module electives to choose from, particularly some modules that are not in other degree curriculum in other universities e.g Pensions

Generally NCI is also a well recognised college by Employers (for example my own) and taking the above example of Pensions, if you saw yourself working in a Pensions Company, NCI is the college you will have to go to do your higher education to get qualified anyway. Also some companies will send their Employees to NCI for Continuous Professional Development or Education.

Essentially all I am saying that personally NCI offer a little more flexibility in the modules available for their courses. They are financially flexible also and allow you to pay off the fees each month instead of one large fee

As a previous student the facilities are good also and the lecturers are decent as well.

Advertisement