Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Books

Options
  • 10-07-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I keep hearing online about how great Google Books is but it seems to be unavailable in Ireland, can anybody tell me why? Is it the Irish copyright laws setting us back again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Well I used it when I was in college and I found it invaluable when I was writing my thesis. Very often I was using a book that had only one sentence that referred to my topic. Most of the books that I was reading were on it.

I could find the book on Google Books and then search for the word/sentence and I'd find the page number. Then I'd be able to go to the physical copy and work from there.

It saved me hours and hours of work. I haven't really used it apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

You were able to use it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Yes. Some of the books were missing pages but the majority were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ThatsAWrap

I've been using it for my studies too. It usually has what you're looking for but it can be annoying when an important page is missing!

Advertisement