Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great wildness

Options
  • 10-07-2012 1:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭

by Mintoz

I am only days from immersing, embedding myself into the kingdom of holy, howling wildness. I am unsure of how long I will be in there, but it will be some time..

He is heading inwards,
    Greatness rough paths,
    He will talk to the badgers,
    and hunt deer calves.

Indeed, I am going to the forest to seek my fortune; seeking answers amongst nature's goods. I will talk to the badgers and listen to the woods. I will sigh easily; whilst the moon watches over me, and gazes on me, mother .. moonthly.

But there is danger for him,
    from not without, but within.

Black widows, and rattles are not what I fear; but my own mind, insanity, slipping out of gear. Small wood fires will heat me and crisp natures food, but what if my fires talk to me, curse and be rude. Will I question and challenge their words? Or sit in the dark as if nothing stirred.

The ancients will provide a sense of home,
    with their wise works and literary tone.

But I have my soft books; with their quiet brown covers. Masterpiece telling; woven like lovers. Leading me ever closer to be free, towards the person who I want to be. When the frail morning comes, with a purple glow; I will leave the woods and get on with the show.

Advertisement