Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Parking in Dublin city centre

Options
  • 10-07-2012 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Does anybody know if there are restrictions on using an empty site in the city for private parking?

The site is currently empty and does not require any construction or alteration for it to be used as a private parking site.

I understand that there can be restrictions on the use of land in the city for public parking but I was wondering if private parking where the spaces are let on a weekly basis to employees in the area
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭rayjdav

If it has not currently got a permission for the use as a parking lot, that's the first thing you must do is apply for planning permission .
    Refer to your local CDP for where ever you are and there should be maps to indicate the permissable land usage in your area and this will let you know if a probable runner or not.
    If all good, hire AT/Arch and get the ball rolling.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

fergm wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there are restrictions on using an empty site in the city for private parking?

The site is currently empty and does not require any construction or alteration for it to be used as a private parking site.

I understand that there can be restrictions on the use of land in the city for public parking but I was wondering if private parking where the spaces are let on a weekly basis to employees in the area

Delineated parking areas?
    lighting?
    storm water collection system?
    on site storm attenuation in accordance with SUDS?
    oil separator?

there are many things to consider when setting an area for parking spaces......

• Registered Users Posts: 16 profplanner

You will need planning permission for change of use and there are couple of things to be aware of - The Council will charge you development contributions so check the local Contribution Scheme and look for any reductions allowed for change of use applications. If your AT / Arch cant help you here, seek out a planning consultant and they'll advise you.

Also the Council will probably only permit a temporary permission - possibly three years, maybe just one. After that you will have to reapply for permission and its not guaranteed that you'll get it. Worth considering this in terms of timeframe to recoup any money invested, particularily if works required for storm water, lighting etc

Advertisement