Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRANTS 2012/2013 HELP!!!!

Options
  • 10-07-2012 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Ok so applied for grant last year and got turned down. When I made the application I was still living at home and commuting most days which meant I was assessed under my parents. Also because of my age (20) I am assessed under my parents .

Soon after I made the application my personal circumstances changed and I had to move out of the family home . Fortunately a large portion of my relatives live in the Glasnevin/Drumdondra areas and I was able to stay with them for 2/3 days at a time ( though primarily in my grandfathers house) during the college year and I now am staying in my grandfathers for the summer.

So basically I wanted to know where would I put down as my home address for the application as I'm basically currently homeless pretty much.

Although I no longer live in the family home I still use this address to send my post to as I currently don't really have any alternative.But I couldn't use this for the application as it would leave me in the position I was in last year with it being rejected which really I can't afford to happen.

I can't use my grandfathers address either (or at least I'm afraid to) as he officially lives alone , receives and allowance for this and home care from the HSE as he is very old and unable to look after himself. I've been told if I'm found to be either occasionally staying there and/or living there that these services will be revoked from him , which are vital for him to survive. However I'm not completely sure this is correct ?

I REALLY need this grant so I can pay for my college fees and rent etc. so I can have a stable place to live. As I'm sick of moving around every few days and I know people are starting to get sick of seeing my face on their door step every week family or not! Not to mention it really has taken a toll on my college work.

I was lucky enough last year that I had the savings to pay the contribution and a little bit left over to just about feed myself for the year. I don't have a job (trust me I've really tried to get one) and really really really don't want to go down the student loan route if at all possible !!

So yes does anyone have any suggestions for my address ? and which system should I apply through old or new since I applied last year but was not successful ??

Also has any one any Idea where I could get advise about this particular predicament ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

You should probably post this in the Student Finance forum and not here. This is for DCU related topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 manicmonkey

Well I'm a student in DCU so I thought it would be relevant, I wasn't aware there was such a forum. Mods feel free to move this as appropriate. Cheers!! =D

Advertisement