Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a used car

Options
  • 10-07-2012 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Could anyone recommend some used car dealers please?
    I'm in the Lucan area. Have a €2000 budget and looking to buy a Clio/Corsa.. something small!

I know theres one in Palmerstown and a few in Tallaght but this is my first car and it all seems very daunting!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

A friend of mine bought his first car from N4 car sales in Palmerstown, decent price at the time and a good motor. Worth looking at what they have.

Why not go private? Plenty of bargains out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In this price range nearly everything you see at garages can be in poor shape, they were just traded in against more expensive stuff. Also in most cases the warranty you get will be very basic.

You are better off buying privately on this budget, you will get more value for your money and you get to talk to the owner/seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Look at the sticky no 2 at the top of the page here in the motors section " guide to buying used cars"

Advertisement