Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socializing my new dog with other dogs and a cat.

Options
  • 09-07-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi hows it going?

I just rehomed a boxer/collie cross. Shes about 9 months old and so shy and timid to people. She'll try and befriend anyone who she passes and even curves her back around when she nervous. She doesnt make a peep, doesnt bark or growl UNLESS...

Where i got her from she had about 12 other dogs out in a big garden and she seemed grand with them. I took her out with a mates big dopey golden retreiver who was playing with her but shes not too sure how to play just yet. I know she was found by a traveller site outside the city and i think they must have used her for fighting. While shes grand with all people and always eager to check out other dogs with her tail wagging, if the other dog plays and its paws come up she jumps on the hind legs and started snarling and barking like crazy. Ths is the only time ive heard her bark.

There's a cat in the house too who shes fascinated with. she'll stare at it for hours and hours when its up high and shell try approach it if its ont he floor. If the cat bolts she'll bolt after it but once she has it cornered she just stares. But im worried now after seeing her with the other dogs as the cat tries to claw and paw at her face will she react the same ot the cat??

Has anyone had any similar experiences and how have ye gone about changing it?

Any help is appreciated!

Advertisement