Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay Tax Calculator

Options
  • 09-07-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I have been asked to set up an Ebay store for a friend of mine who lives in Texas USA. They will be selling sports products. The company has a physical presence in Texas and use a depot in Arkansas where they ship from. They will have to charge Sales Tax on any purchases made from these states. I have checked Ebay for a Tax calculator and they do supply one, I'm guessing if someone purchases from these states ebay/paypal will recognize the address and add the tax to the final cost.
    I cannot find where this calculator is on the Ebay site. I have the link which gives the steps to take but the options are just not on the page. I have got another set of eyes to go over the steps and they are stuck on this as well.
    Can anybody help out?
    One option we were thinking was that because im in Ireland this is not available to me, but then again I'm using the account details given to me but the friend in Texas. Surely they wouldn't know from my IP address, otherwise how would you administer you Ebay store if you were on holidays in a foreign country?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I'm guessing if someone purchases from these states ebay/paypal will recognize the address and add the tax to the final cost

Is'nt tax/duty paid at the point of entry .

You can calculate using this :

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

In the states Tax is added on top of the price as in item is $10 +(Tax@8% or whatever so the final price is $10.80 over here the price you see is what you pay. I know there is a Tax calculator I just can't figure how to activate it on the account

Advertisement