Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Product Recalls...........

Options
  • 09-07-2012 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Quick question - I privately bought a 2002 car 1 month ago. In 2007 these cars were recalled (which i wasnt aware of) as the bonnet latch is faulty. Basically i was driving along and the latch gave way making the bonnet flip open and in turn smashing the windscreen.
    Only when it happened did someone mention to me about the fault and previous recalls. I went to a dealers of the manufacturers of the car advising what had happened. They basically stated that because the previous owner never brought the car to a main dealers for a service that the offer to fix this for free is invalid.
    Is this right or wrong that I would be punished for a fault on a product they sold because the original owner did not bring it to them for services?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

They set their own rules for the recall. I doesn't prevent you from suing them though. Consult a solicitor.

Advertisement