Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice places to live in Ennis

Options
  • 09-07-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I am currently looking to buy a property in Ennis area. I have only lived in one estate on the Limerick road and cant afford to buy there so I am wondering are there any estates that would be best avoided due to anti social behaviour etc. There was an artice on the front page of the clare people last week mentioning an estate that was under siege. Anyone know what estate this is so I can avoid.
    My budget it quite limited so I am willing to live in a smaller older house if the area is ok.
    I have a small family and would like to be in an area with other families.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Personally, I'd much prefer to see a thread that recommended 'nice places to live in Ennis'.

Ennis is no different to most towns in Ireland in that there are areas in the town that are more prone to anti-social behaviour than others. However, I feel that it needs to be remembered that lots of decent and hardworking people live in these places, people who make a positive contribution to their communities but they're stigmatised by the actions of a few muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

dun na hinse

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I do know what estate they were talking about on the paper but im not going to mention it as its very unfair to the decent people who live there to be blacklisted like that.

Can we just mention where we think are the nicer areas in town??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

a lot of the <snip> travellers and other traveller families live around ennis,its a real problem,one travelling family turned up at a local school with slash hooks ready to have a go at each other..there is a housing estate across from a chinese just as you drive your way in from the shannon limerick road..

Mod edit: Don't think there needs to name the actual family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 whwhwh

Im sorry if I caused offence with the title of my thread I really didnt mean to and didnt think it through.
    Of course its unfair to mention areas as its tarring everyone with the same brush when its usually only one or two bringing the place down.
    Sorry again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

The Crescent seems like a nice area, the houses are probably 40 yeas old and the residents always seem to maintain the area there well . There are a few houses for sale there at the moment and it is very close to town. I think if I was buying again this is an area I would definitely consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

If I was purchasing a house in Ennis one of the first questions I would be asking is - Has the property got a history of flooding?

There are certain parts of Ennis that have a history of repeated flooding. It is not possible to arrange flood cover for some of these properties and where cover can be arranged the premium is often loaded due to the increased risk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I live on the Kilrush Road part of town and I know a lot of people around and they don't have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Roslevans a really nice area to live with lots of families..

Advertisement