Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ainm cluichi

Options
  • 09-07-2012 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

Is there anyone here who went to school in the Gaeltacht 30 or 40 years ago? If there is, I would like to know if they can remember the names of the games (as Gaeilge) they played in the school playground (or for what passed for one) or after school. One I'm looking for is the Irish equivalent of 'What's the Time Mr. Wolf?' though I'm told on good authority that it wasn't called that in Irish at the time, even though it is now. In French it's - Un, deux, trois, Soleil, but I doubt that that would be much help here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mr chips

I am reliably informed that these days at least, it's called "Cén t-am é, a Mhac Tíre". ;)

Advertisement