Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS front row concert?

Options
  • 09-07-2012 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Can anyone tell me how you would go about getting up near the front of the Bruce Springsteen concert next week. Is it just a matter of getting there early or do you need certain tickets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RebeccahLou

Usually it's just a case of getting there early, either very early in the morning or even the night before.
    I queued for Metallica in 09 to get to the front, and I arrived to Marlay Park at 5 am and even at that time there was at least 100 people there. I still got into the pit though!
    Good luck, I'm going next Wednesday! Can't wait to see The Boss! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

This is how you get in the front row of a Bruce Springsteen gig!

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/pdfs/BruceGA08.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    This is how you get in the front row of a Bruce Springsteen gig!

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/pdfs/BruceGA08.pdf

Thats just in America, in Europe (Bar one or two places this tour) it is first come best dressed. Get there early here and you;re in the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

Do ye reckon if we are in the queue by 3.00 - 3.30 we should be ok for the pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Absolutely impossible to say but I'd consider that VERY late.

The last time he played the RDS people camped out the night before and some people left the gig the first night, out the gate and started queuing again straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Do ye reckon if we are in the queue by 3.00 - 3.30 we should be ok for the pit?

I reckon that you're completely borderline going with 3.30. seeing as its a work day, it may work in your favour, but never underestimate the out of towners, and foreign fans whove followed the european leg etc etc.

Im hoping that 2pm should see me safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Try emailing Courtney Cox for some tips.

Sorry couldn't resist.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

jimbot wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how you would go about getting up near the front of the Bruce Springsteen concert next week. Is it just a matter of getting there early or do you need certain tickets?

Hi, I've been to shows in 4 different venues on this tour. The pit area is absolutely enormous. If you are there up to around 5.30pm you will get into the pit no bother.

On the last 2 tours here, I wasted my time in line from early afternoon only for my brother to wander in no bother about 30 mins after I got in. So I wouldnt sweat it.

When you get in the pit you will get an armband that lets you come and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jimbot

The last time he played the RDS people camped out the night before and some people left the gig the first night, out the gate and started queuing again straight away.

I hope not too many people will do that tomorrow night. I'll prob make it there for 3pm Wednesday. Hopefully get somewhere near the front.

Thanks for the advise everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

How do I get to the RDS from Bus Aras :) Please help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

How do I get to the RDS from Bus Aras :) Please help :)

Number 7 or number 45 bus. Both go from Nassau Street (Near Trinity College). 7 goes from O Connell Street as well, not sure about 45.

Another option is to go to Connolly Station and get the Dart out. Get off at either Sandymount or Lansdowne Road stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Don't worry, the gig won't go past the curfew - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18865242

Advertisement