Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness/volunteering in East London

Options
  • 09-07-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

As there seem to be a few people living out East here, thought I'd pass this along - noticed it on Emerald Street's newsletter this morning and it sounded like a fantastic idea.

Good Gym organise group runs in East London to help local communities - they do things like gardening, moving rubble, cleaning community centres and so on. You can also sign up to run to visit to elderly people's homes in the area. Sounds like a really nice way to get fit and volunteer at the same time.

I'd love to join myself but am a bit too far away to make it there after work - thought it might be of interest to anyone near Bethnal Green anyway. Does anybody know of any other orgs like this in other areas?

Advertisement