Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jason Byrne show on PhantomFM

Options
  • 09-07-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

The Jason Byrne show on a Monday is irksome. Nothing makes me reach for the dial quicker then that show. I just don't get it. The humour is very 'Lads down the pub having banter' and that is so wrong first thing on a Monday morning.
    I tried, I listened to a few shows but at this point I even reach for the dial when I hear the taped soundbites being played throughout the day.

I don't want to sound like a grumpypants but it would be a disservice to the station to allow them to believe that everyone loves Jason and his mates.

Am I alone in my dislike of the show?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

An awful eejit. He's even worse than that other ginger fool on 2fm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

MJ23 wrote: »
    An awful eejit. He's even worse than that other ginger fool on 2fm.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

He's god-awful altogether! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

OldGoat wrote: »
    The Jason Byrne show on a Monday is irksome. Nothing makes me reach for the dial quicker then that show. I just don't get it. The humour is very 'Lads down the pub having banter' and that is so wrong first thing on a Monday morning.
    I tried, I listened to a few shows but at this point I even reach for the dial when I hear the taped soundbites being played throughout the day.

I don't want to sound like a grumpypants but it would be a disservice to the station to allow them to believe that everyone loves Jason and his mates.

You're not alone. He's so fúcking annoying. Come 10am and I run to change teh dial to Radio Nova until 12pm.
    Can't stand those highlights they play either.

John Caddell should take those two hours back.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Jedwardian

Today was Jason Byrne's last show. Don't know what's replacing it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

what a dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

They dropped the show? Ha, brilliant. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Oh my God! It's absolutely appalling! I was going to start a thread myself about it.

I listen to Phantom every day in work (through my PC) and I turn it off every Monday for his show.

There's not point to it. They sit around and talk absolute boll0cks. It wouldn't be too bad if it was funny, but it's like listening to a crap conversation down your local or something with a few lads who think they're funny.

I don't dislike him as a person, but he's just crap at this lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Jedwardian wrote: »
    Today was Jason Byrne's last show. Don't know what's replacing it.

I thought at the end they said it was the last one for 'two months or so''?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭geneyuss

you're far from wrong, i dislike him as a "comedian", he's just not funny at all, and if he was in my local with his lads carrying on like that he'd get a beating :cool:
    i'm presuming its rte radio, well it just goes to prove how out of touch they are up there in Mountrose with they rest of us mere mortals, they're telly programming can confirm that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Meh, I actually find it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

geneyuss wrote: »
    you're far from wrong, i dislike him as a "comedian", he's just not funny at all, and if he was in my local with his lads carrying on like that he'd get a beating :cool:
    i'm presuming its rte radio, well it just goes to prove how out of touch they are up there in Mountrose with they rest of us mere mortals, they're telly programming can confirm that.

Jesus....read the heading ffs........RTE radio....:rolleyes:
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    Meh, I actually find it alright.

+1....i tought it was amusing enough.......its "lads" humor alright..but still amusing....dont hate him..

It was cack - thank god it's over

Sids Not wrote: »
    Jesus....read the heading ffs........RTE radio....:rolleyes:

+1....i tought it was amusing enough.......its "lads" humor alright..but still amusing....dont hate him..

some of us have jobs where we have to work, and not listen to the bloody radio all day, i dont know if Phantom Fm is part of RTE or not, as is self explanatory in my post,,, read it ffs :rolleyes::rolleyes: tut tut "lads" :P

http://www.listenlive.eu/ireland.html ive never heard of most of these,,, you know the owners/operators of them all clearly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

some of us have jobs where we have to work, and not listen to the bloody radio all day, i dont know if Phantom Fm is part of RTE or not, as is self explanatory in my post,,, read it ffs :rolleyes::rolleyes: tut tut "lads" :P

http://www.listenlive.eu/ireland.html ive never heard of most of these,,, you know the owners/operators of them all clearly?
    That's what we have Wikipedia for :)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_FM
    Wikipedia wrote:
    In 2010, Communicorp took a 30% stake and the station was relocated to Marconi House in January 2011 where it shares facilities with Today FM and Newstalk.

some of us have jobs where we have to work, and not listen to the bloody radio all day, i dont know if Phantom Fm is part of RTE or not, as is self explanatory in my post,,, read it ffs :rolleyes::rolleyes: tut tut "lads" :P?

Nah..yer not gettin away with that..why come onto a specific thread you know nothing about, just to make a random comment...theres a word for that.....And you braggin about yer job.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

That was a bad show. I listened to it once and it was a car crash, they kept starting sentences with 'I'm not racist but...' I had to text in asking them to please stop as it was embarrassing to listen to. Other than that I like phantom

Nah..yer not gettin away with that..why come onto a specific thread you know nothing about, just to make a random comment...theres a word for that.....And you braggin about yer job.....;)

oh , so we're suppose to have a masters on the subjects here before we comment on them ?,,, get a life, the thread was just for laughs before you got you panties in a twist, i don't need to be corrected by someone that if the didnt have google would seem very dim

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The English teachers in this country should be shot.

withless wrote: »
    The English teachers in this country should be shot.

..With balls of their own shyte.......................:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

oh , so we're suppose to have a masters on the subjects here before we comment on them ?

No, but not being utterly clueless on the subject before commenting on it normally helps. Most people posting here would have been aware that Phantom FM is not part of RTÉ. Also, the thread is about Jason Byrne's show on Phantom FM. Clearly you hadn't heard the show and knew nothing about the station, so your comments were off-topic.
    geneyuss wrote:
    ,,, get a life, the thread was just for laughs before you got you panties in a twist, i don't need to be corrected by someone that if the didnt have google would seem very dim

Again, off-topic - and you're getting unnecessarily personal here. I'd suggest quitting while you're ahead, but you weren't ahead at any point. Nor were you on-topic. I'll assume that as your username is apparently supposed to suggest "genius" of some sort, you'll understand this, realise the thread isn't about you and get off the stage now... :p

Back on topic, I actually quite liked the show myself... it was harmless fun with random banter between a few comedians and some decent music thrown in. I've met both Jason Byrne and Eric Lalor in my time and find them both to be fun guys who are well able to talk. Yes, as already suggested, it was 'lads' stuff, blokey humour... but what harm?

Bard wrote: »
    No, but not being utterly clueless on the subject before commenting on it normally helps. Most people posting here would have been aware that Phantom FM is not part of RTÉ. Also, the thread is about Jason Byrne's show on Phantom FM. Clearly you hadn't heard the show and knew nothing about the station, so your comments were off-topic.

Again, off-topic - and you're getting unnecessarily personal here. I'd suggest quitting while you're ahead, but you weren't ahead at any point. Nor were you on-topic. I'll assume that as your username is apparently supposed to suggest "genius" of some sort, you'll understand this, realise the thread isn't about you and get off the stage now... :p

Back on topic, I actually quite liked the show myself... it was harmless fun with random banter between a few comedians and some decent music thrown in. I've met both Jason Byrne and Eric Lalor in my time and find them both to be fun guys who are well able to talk. Yes, as already suggested, it was 'lads' stuff, blokey humour... but what harm?

Well said................youre clearly a man of integillents.........:)

you my dear man spend WAY to much time here

Well said................youre clearly a man of integillents.........:)

he's a big boy im sure you dont need to pat his back,,
    i see there isn't much work for grammar nazis,,as you're online at half three stirring trouble .

he's a big boy im sure you dont need to pat his back,,
    i see there isn't much work for grammar nazis,,as you're online at half three stirring trouble .

Group hug............:rolleyes:

Thread in the wrong section anyhow - should be moved to Phantom

CMod: Back on topic please. No more pantitwisting or meandering into schoolyard blustering. Don't make me report ye to the mods.

OP: Can I have my thread back now? Did anyone hear a reason given for the show being dropped?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Thread in the wrong section anyhow - should be moved to Phantom
    I chose the forum here as I thought it might get a bit more traffic then the hosted forum. If the general consensus is to move it then I can do that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

OP: Can I have my thread back now? Did anyone hear a reason given for the show being dropped?

I thought Jason himself said it was on a holiday break..?

• Advertisement

I thought Jason himself said it was on a holiday break..?

Hope so...missed the childish carrings-on yesterday..............:)

Advertisement