Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone got a chiropractor or quack recommendation?

Options
  • 09-07-2012 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I think I have a bone out of place in my foot and would appreciate a recommendation of someone good. If they are reasonably priced that's even better. Location not really an issue around the city but would prefer someone that can see me ASAP.

Cheers

Head The Wall

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Go see a trained medical professional, not some snake oil merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Find a qualified osteopath or physiotherapist. Avoid chiropractors like the plague.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Don't waste your time and money with a spine wizard, unless you particularly want to receive treatment from the same group of people who have tried to sue well-regarded science writers for pointing out the relative lack of evidence regarding the effectiveness of their treatments.

The NHS has guidance on Osteopathy and Physiotherapy on the NHS UK site, as well as tools to find options for treatment near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I appreciate the concerns but I have had just as much success with these guys as I have had with physios, etc. and I think it depends what the initial problem is.

So to get back on topic as I didn't ask should I go to one or not does anyone have a good recommendation?.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Get it x-rayed ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

MadsL wrote: »
    Get it x-rayed ffs.

What are you, my mother? I'm hardly going to take advice from someone who is obviously too retarded to even be able to stick on topic. So unless you can prove that these guys never get things right which they do and have done for me numerous times then you should keep your BS opinions to yourself. Muppet

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

And that marks a neat point for ending the thread, I think.

OP, I appreciate you asked for recommendations for a chiropractor. I think it's clear at this point that the prevailing opinion from those reading/posting here is that you should visit a doctor or other certified medical professional. Obviously whether you do so or not is entirely your call, but if the thread's degenerated into name-calling and silliness, I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement