Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo cover up advice please

Options
  • 09-07-2012 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for a recommendation for a good artist to do a cover up. I've tried to put a picture of the tat, I have it saved but can't manage to upload it. It's on my lower back (Ex Husbands name 3 letters) in decorative black writing about 3 inches in height by 5 inches width at a guess. Not huge, really want to get rid of it. It's a beautiful tattoo but obviously the significance is now just a blunt reminder of past mistakes :rolleyes:.

I would love to get a large pheonix going up the right side of my back to cover it up and be left with something I love. I have a good idea of the pheonix I'd like (bright feminine colours). Can colour cover black? Would I need to black over the name? Would the name still be faintly visible? I want to make the name disappear completely under the new tattoo, is this possible? Can you recommend an Artist for a really feminine and pretty colourful pheonix? Thanks in advance for your help, have looked through previous posts but didn't find answers I was looking for...hope I'm not being too repetative of previous requests from others.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The best thing to do is to go into an artist and have a chat with them. They'll be able to tell you what will work and what won't work. If it's a thing if it can't be coloured over then perhaps think about a few sessions of laser to even just lighten the tattoo do that it could then be worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Gadfly Girl

Thanks for the reply, is there an artist that some of you might recommend who's known for excellent cover up work?

Laser would be a last resort as it is I'm saving to have enough money to do cover up :o

Oh and sorry, I'm in south Dublin but willing to travel within reason for the right artist. I mentioned in original post pretty femine style, perhaps there is someone in particular who would be ideal? Or some names who's work is worth looking at? Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oh and sorry, I'm in south Dublin but willing to travel within reason for the right artist. I mentioned in original post pretty femine style, perhaps there is someone in particular who would be ideal? Or some names who's work is worth looking at? Thanks very much

It'll depend on what you like to be honest. Have a look at some of the portfolios in the portfolio thread that's stickied, see if you can find an artist whose work you like, and go to them for a chat about what you want, and they'll take a look at what you have, and work from there. Don't forget, just because you talk to someone doesn't mean you're under any obligation to get tattooed there. If you don't like their suggestions, go to another artist you like. Don't expect them to draw you up anything without a deposit though.

Great, thanks for that :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement