Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Refund

Options
  • 09-07-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey guys.

Back in February my flight to Germany was cancelled due to a dispute at Frankfurt Main and I applied for a refund, but Ive yet to get the refund. I didnt book it, my girlfriend in Germany did, and they wont deal with me, only her. Shes asked them several times to get a refund, called them and re-emailed them, they said 2 weeks but still nothing.

Is there anything more we can do? She has to call them and they arent being very helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Edg3 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Back in February my flight to Germany was cancelled due to a dispute at Frankfurt Main and I applied for a refund, but Ive yet to get the refund. I didnt book it, my girlfriend in Germany did, and they wont deal with me, only her. Shes asked them several times to get a refund, called them and re-emailed them, they said 2 weeks but still nothing.

Is there anything more we can do? She has to call them and they arent being very helpful

I'm waiting on 160 euro from them to. I called back in April and the lady I spoke to advised it would be 15 working days.

No sign of it as yet... But I do bank with the Ulsterbank so who knows. Now that you've refreshed my memory I'm going to get onto them again. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

Well my girlfriend doesnt have the ulster bank issue at the minute. All the **** people give RyanAir but the one time I had a flight cancelled with them (volcanic ash) they had the money refunded in 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Send them a registered letter and they cant ignore you then

See I cant do anything, they wont deal with me, they'll only deal with her because it was her credit card they used. I rang them 2 weeks after it all started and they told me that they could only deal with the person whos name was on the credit cards.

She rang and they told her it'd be processed, but still no refund. That was month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Get it on an e-mail and then charge it back.

• Advertisement

Get it on an e-mail and then charge it back.

You mean get her to write me and email and then I post it to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Get her to write a registered letter to aerlingus giving them 10 days to refund or she will get her cc company to do a chargeback. Either way she gets the money. Act quicky though, not sure how long you have to start a charge back.

Great advise mate. I'll tell her to do that ASAP. Maybe I should get her to just go straight to the credit card company, hopefully its not to late. I'll pass on your message though. Much appreciated.

You need something from Aer Lingus saying that they are going to refund you. Otherwise your bank may charge you for chasing down an authorised payment.

If they are unwilling to do this then you have no choice but to try and charge it back but be aware of the possible fees.

When I say you and your I mean hers...

You need something from Aer Lingus saying that they are going to refund you. Otherwise your bank may charge you for chasing down an authorised payment.

If they are unwilling to do this then you have no choice but to try and charge it back but be aware of the possible fees.

When I say you and your I mean hers...

Ok I'm clear on what you mean now. I'll do it this way. Its just a pain, I filled in the refund forms twice, on their advise, after that she rang and they told her it'd be processed. Its been nearly 5 months now. Its ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Get them to put it in writing that they've authorised a refund then get the GF to call her band and explain they've not done the refund and that the she would like the credit card company to step in. She will then need to supply a copy of what ever you have got.

Its not strictly what the charge back system is for, but if the bank will get involved it'll be back inside a week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Edg3 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Can you not dispute the charge? Assuming is was paid for by cc? If you paid and they cancelled, seems like an open and shut case for dispute.

FISMA wrote: »
    Can you not dispute the charge? Assuming is was paid for by cc? If you paid and they cancelled, seems like an open and shut case for dispute.

See I thought that to, but according to her, you only have 3 months to dispute a charge on your card, I feel like Aer Lingus gave us the run around til those 3 months were up, hoping we'd forget. Sure I know its not a small fortune or anything but we paid, they cancelled, we're entitled to it back.

Ive emailed them myself twice in the last week and no reply. Ive tried calling but they refuse to deal with me on the subject as it wasnt me who booked it, even though its my name on the boarding pass. She registered a letter and still nothing, no phone calls nothing of the sort. So far we've been told 4 times the money would be refunded, FOUR and not once has that happened. She contacted them on the phone after I submitted the form for a refund on the site, which is silly since they cancelled, that should be automatic dont you think?

After doing all that stuff you guys recommended we got no further so I got on the phone and called them. After being made 30 minutes I finally got through and ate them out of it. 15 minutes of giving out later and one threat of further action I was assured I'd have the money back in 14 days, it showed up the next day. Amazing how quickly they'll react when you threaten them with something you have no idea about :) I had no next step but I find the threat often works better then the actual act.

Thanks every one for your help! Very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Overlander

Me too-- My roundtrip flights were cancelled in December and Aer Lingus staff member at the airport told me I could get a refund online. I could not find the form online but luckily someone on "Boards ie" posted it so I applied for the refund on 5 December 15.

USEFUL: The secret hidden REFUND PAGE is at: support forms disrupted-flight-refund-form

The form promises a 30-day refund but by 8 Jan 2016 I had not received it.
    I called their booking and sales line and a guy called <SNIP> set up a "Case" on their system and gave me a number, saying he didin't know why the refund hadn't happened but that he had "escalated it" and that it would happen in a week or so.

(I have to say that I rarely post online but I am beginning to wonder whether there is corporate honesty here at all. There is no reason to hide the form, there is no reason to fail to acknowledge the request, and there's no reason to fail to refund.)
    My next step will be to provide evidence to my credit card bank's Disputed Transactions dept, or there's always the local Small Claims Court system which costs only €12 or something and you just fill out a form.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Hardly a hidden form. Click Support on the home page footer and follow the links for "Flight Disruption Info"

Old thread. Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement