Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brain surgery NOT!!

Options
  • 09-07-2012 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I underwent brain surgery and found out the wrong part was removed.How long do I get to pursue this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Personal injuries cases -- two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 godmother

so even tho I paid a man thousands ,and have it in handwriting what he done I have nothing to fall back on?Funny legal system!I cant drive and cant work.What kinda life is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Well, if you know about an injury and do nothing for two years, it's also possibly unfair on the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Time only runs from the date you are aware of the injury- not the date of it being inflicted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

arre you blaming the legal system or the medical system?

See a solicitor now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

godmother wrote: »
    so even tho I paid a man thousands ,and have it in handwriting what he done I have nothing to fall back on?Funny legal system!I cant drive and cant work.What kinda life is that?

You have two years to issue proceedings from date of knowledge, this time can be extended if the plaintiff was under some sort of disability. Med Neg actions are very hard cases and you would be best to find a solicitor who works in this area all the time. Look at recent cases and find out who the solicitor was and contact them.

Advertisement