Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcoxia for back pain?

Options
  • 08-07-2012 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I've been prescribed arcoxia for an injury in my sacro-ileum that I recieved last year. Basically, my doctor had me on extremely strong painkillers with no anti inflammatories, even though the injury was inflammation in my pelvic joint :confused: So, after a year and no improvement, I finally went for a second opinion :) The new fella is after prescribing me arcoxia and etoflam gel. As far as I can tell, arcoxia is mainly used for arthritis so I'm just wondering has anyone else used it for back trouble and how has it worked? Also, how much should I expect to pay for it? Thanks :D

Edit: Just discovered the cost, €45 for 28 tablets :eek: Half afraid to start taking them yet cos my OH is away for a few days and the list of side effects is ridiculous. If the effect is anything like the time I went on Lyrica, I'll need some minding :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Redmal

I used Arcoxia for knee problems. I can't remember the exact problem I had with my knees but I rememeber there was a lot of swelling and pain that eventually sorted itself out. It is an anti-inflammatory medication and I have to say that compared to Difene, I personally found Arcoxia great. I never suffered any side effects either. I was taking the 75mg dose, one a day.

Hope it works for you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Have you had an MRI? Get an MRI and see whats really up and go from there.

Pointless taking Meds for on going year long back prob.

Doc is just pawning you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Susie564

I was taking Arcoxia for a problem with my jaw joint for just over a year and noticed no real side effects, until I started to feel nauseous (although this was after being on them for a year) and had to come off them. They worked good too, didn't completely get rid of all my pain but worked best of the multitude I tried. I was on 60mg per day. And yes they are bloomin expensive, about €50 a month - my sister's a pharmacist tho and was able to get them for me at cost.

Advertisement