Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places to rent in Ennis

Options
  • 08-07-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a place that is reasonably well to do.
    Was looking at apartments in Sandfield, Springfield Orchard and Millstream Court.
    Currently moving from a place where I live next to a couple of obnoxious, loud layabouts (ok knackers) and want to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.
    Which of the above are good.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

I'm looking for a place that is reasonably well to do.
    Was looking at apartments in Sandfield, Springfield Orchard and Millstream Court.
    Currently moving from a place where I live next to a couple of obnoxious, loud layabouts (ok knackers) and want to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.
    Which of the above are good.
    Thanks.
    then cross off Sanfield off your list. i know no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

and definitely take millstream court off the list
    sorry i forgot what the post said are you on your own
    looking for a share or a one bedroom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

curehead wrote: »
    and definitely take millstream court off the list
    sorry i forgot what the post said are you on your own
    looking for a share or a one bedroom ?
    is millstream opp the petrol garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

So are there any decent apartment complexes in Ennis. I can't think of any more. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom- not a bedsit, something half-decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cathedral court?

There are apartments there beside banner court on the limerick road. over the pizzeria, seem quiet and nice inside? Think they're called hawthorn house.

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    Looking for somewhere close to the hospital.

Oh right.

Somewhere on the gort road would prob be good.

What's your monthly budget?

Preferably under 600 a month. But i would go higher if i really like the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?s[cc_id]=c16&s[a_id]=1255&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=700&s[mnb]=&s[mxb]=&s[pt_id]=&search=1&s[search_type]=rental&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&search_type=rental

For €600 a month you can get a nice fully detached house in Ennis! I live in Toberteascain and we only pay €450 a month for a 3 bedroom / 3 bath house built in 1998.

We moved here about six months ago, but when we were looking around town we saw a many other 3 and 4 bedroom houses in Ennis, each of which were €500 or under.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was just looking though the Daft listings posted by Cpt Sternn and there are properties in Steele's Terrace and Bishop's Court that would be within budget and are very close to the hospital.

It is a while since I lived in Ennis but I did rent in Station Court, Meadow Court and Tobartaoscain and I thought all were really nice areas. Meadow Court was particularly central. A brother of mine rented in Sandfield Hall a few years ago and he was very happy with it but a sister rented there later on and had issues with noisy neighbours. (Sometimes, there is an element of luck involved).

I'm not sure if you have transport or not but there are lots of properties in the Tulla Road, that might be an option too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

define "knackers".

buck65 wrote: »
    define "knackers".

Loud, obnoxious layabouts.

I wouldn't live in bishops court, no offence to anyone in there or anything.

You have good and bad in every estate, I worked in field sales in every estate in ennis, you get a fair idea of the demographic in certain estaes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭buzz_E

You just describe my problem. I am the same,with these bulks. I didn`t know they were live in this state before I move in the house. I now looking for quite area to move out ASAP, and dont mind to pay some extra for rent!

My rent already €550 anyways, so just a place to live in quite.

I don't want to make the same mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I wouldn't live in bishops court, no offence to anyone in there or anything.

You have good and bad in every estate, I worked in field sales in every estate in ennis, you get a fair idea of the demographic in certain estaes.

I have two sets of friends who live there now and I visit fairly often. Personally, I have never seen any problems there and they like it. One group is from town and work here in town and the other work in Shannon and are from other parts of Europe, but both like it sure.

Neither group have children though, so I'm not sure the story with having kids there, but I have been there many times and have never seen any issues that would have encouraged me not to let my kid play outside there.

Advertisement