Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing ASG markings.

Options
  • 08-07-2012 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to remove the markings of the ASG, 6mm and 'F' symbol on ASG re-branded sniper rifles like the ASG APS SR-2 where the markings are stamped on to the ABS body without ruining the ABS or metal.

If you can use some liquid substance, e.g. White Spirits, and rub it off that would do the job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Sometimes, they are actually etched into the paint, in which case, there is no removing them without repainting.

What you could try is masking off the small area the markings are on, and just spraying over them, but that could be just as noticable as the markings themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

swiftblade wrote: »
    Sometimes, they are actually etched into the paint, in which case, there is no removing them without repainting.

What you could try is masking off the small area the markings are on, and just spraying over them, but that could be just as noticable as the markings themselves.

Re-painting wouldn't be the first option that I would do, I'd rather if the markings are just printed on so it'll be easy to take them off.

I don't mind the markings... it just makes the airsoft rifle feel 'unrealistic'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Yours might be painted on. If they were, I imagiane a bit of elbow grease and acetone would remove them.

Their newer markings seem to be engraved now though.

Advertisement