Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1998 G6 Corolla headlamp bulb replacement

Options
  • 08-07-2012 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭

Got myself some Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs today but, for the first time ever, can't figure out how to get them in!

I've only had a quick look but it doesn't seem anywhere as easy as my last two cars. Does the entire headlamp unit come out to get access at he bulbs as there is f-all room behind the units to drop the bulbs out.

Yours in embarrassment,

Rowley Birkin QC. :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone?

For anyone wondering in future it's a headlight out job.

2 retaining bolts and one screw that secures the indicator. Pop out the indicator by rotating it and squeezing the clip. Headlamp should then lift up and out. This gives access to the electrical plugs so can replace bulb as normal.

I ended up having to take out the battery to get at the passenger side bulb as one of the retaining bolts was corroded.

Put in Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs, very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Is that the pre-facelift model with round headlights?
    What bulbs do they use H4 or the funny HB4 version?

It's the one with a separate indicator, so yeah pre-facelift.

Takes the normal H4 bulbs. Have to say, I really am impressed with the Nightbreaker Plus bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

It's the one with a separate indicator, so yeah pre-facelift.

Takes the normal H4 bulbs. Have to say, I really am impressed with the Nightbreaker Plus bulbs.

The facelift still has separate indicators, just the High and low beam have separate lenses.
    The Nightbreakers are good, not that durable but they perform well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement