Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Superstar Soccer Sample RH034 dEC 1994 kONAMI

Options
  • 07-07-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭

What is this? Why do I have it? What's it's value? Is it 'Rare'?

Can someone please pass on your superior retro gaming knowledge onto me, as I struggling to find any info on this on the web.

[IMG][/img]IMG_1294.jpg

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Where did you even get it? O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got a Snes bundle last year of a boxed console and boxed games. One of them was international superstar soccer deluxe but it had that game in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Doesn't really look like a proto since those boards are usually much bigger iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,477 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's a sample cart. They were sent out to for people to test and also to games magazines for review.

Sometimes you get lucky with them and they'll have differences to the final version. The more differences & the more famous and desirable the game, the more it's worth.

Technically, any game which is on an eeprom and not in it's final commercial form is a prototype - as it's still not the finished product.

There's also no way of telling how far the game is along by what board it's on. You'd think if it was on a big board with socketed chips then that would be earlier in the development process - but take that Zero Tolerance I have for example - looks like a standard review cart but its like a totally different game.

Then on the other hand that Snes Bio Metal I picked up has socketed chips but is the final version.

Advertisement