Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job for 15 year old

Options
  • 07-07-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am a 15 year old hard working girl looking for a job in the Leitrim/Roscommon/Longford area. I completed the Junior Cert in June.
    I am responsible and mind my younger siblings regularly.
    I am almost fluent in Irish. I have converstional French and a good understanding of written French.
    I do Home Economics and have a good knowledge of food, food safety and hygiene, etc. and would appreciate the oppurtunity to work in a restaurant, cafe or takeaway.
    I am artistic and can make sculptures.
    I have an interest in clothes and fashion.
    I have responsibility for care of family pets and also farm animals.
    I am good at maths and would be happy to work as a cashier.
    I AM OPEN TO ANY JOB SUITABLE FOR A 15 YEAR OLD, THIS SUMMER OR DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR.
    If you are looking for a worker, please post and I'll reply to you as soon as possible!
    Feel free to ask me further questions about work experience or skills :)
    Thankyou for your consideration in this matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fair play to you
    Work ethic like that will stand you well

I have nothing for you but at 15 you've realised that you should be working and that's important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Ask in different cafes, shops etc etc around your local area, maybe send in a cv. It's very difficult to get jobs these day's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

And there are very specific rules about u-16's working.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Well done. i have no work for you, but will give it a bump

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

You'd be doing very well to get a job under the age of 16. Very strict rules, most people that age that work will do so for their fathers/uncles ect...

Cracking attitude though. A work ethic like that will stand by you for the rest of your life.

I'd try local/small shops and cafes ect... that might be able to give you a few hours a week cleaning or something like that.

Best of Luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Well done on your work ethic. Your parents have raised you well. They've a lot to be proud of.

Let your local vet's surgery know that you're available. Lots of people who are stuck for time would happily pay for someone to look after/walk the mutt.

I wish you every success, you certainly deserve it.

Darth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Ya at 15 you can only work so many hours,i would check supermarkets they are always good for extra work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ya at 15 you can only work so many hours,i would check supermarkets they are always good for extra work..

supermarkets may be harder to get a job with when your under 18, because they can't realistically put you on a till.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rainbow97

Hi guys thanks for the replies :) Think I've got something now for a job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Great news, Rainbow...

Darth...

• Advertisement
Advertisement