Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Choices -> Need Help Please

Options
  • 07-07-2012 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Need some help please.

Q1 - I received an offer (my 6th choice - however its a level 8 - Hons degree) I don't want to accept UCD but if I did (as I need to make a decision before the 12th of July) - can I still accept an offer for Tallaght IT or Blanchardstown IT (My 1st and 2nd choice - also level 8) if I get in via my LC points or in the other rounds as a mature student?

Q2 - Lets say I don't get my 1st and 2nd level 8 choices via my LC points (which is looking more than likely as its my understanding the points for Tallaght & Blanchardstown are increasing - I have enough for last years points but it looks like ill miss out this year) I do have level 6/7 courses which I would prefer over UCD - Will I get offers for these if I accept UCD (level 8) ??

Del.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

I posted you a longer response on the other CAO offer thread, but:

1. If you get an offer for a choice that is higher on your list than UCD, you can accept that offer after accepting UCD, and if you accept it it will cancel out your UCD acceptance.

2. If you are offered anything on your level 6/7 list, you can accept it after accepting UCD. The level 8 list isn't considered 'higher' than the level 8 list. For instance if you were offered your number one choice on your level 8 list, and offered your number one on your level 6/7 list, you could choose either of the courses. And again, if you were offered something on the 6/7 list and accepted, it would cancel out your UCD acceptance.

Advertisement