Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway [advice for a newbie]

Options
  • 07-07-2012 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey all,

I'm moving to Galway to start work on August 1st. Therefore I am looking to rent either a one bedroom apartment or team up with someone to go splits on a 2 bed apartment in Galway city.

About me: 25 year old male
    Into sports and working professionally.

Any advice would be great since Ive only driven through Galway once!

Cheers,
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi and welcome to Galway and the forum.
    We don't allow adverts here so I suggest you use www.daft.ie and Galway Advertiser classifieds to search for places.
    http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/classifieds

Try to get a place on the same side of the river as your job, traffic is a nightmare and the bridges are botttlenecks.

Live near your work or live near the center of town - traffic can be bad at peak times so don't settle on the west side of town if you work in Parkmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 banahan25

Thanks all. Im working just east of Eyre Square so I will definitely try stick to that side of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭jkforde

get a decent bike, getting around town is so much more enjoyable than sitting in the bus or car (on the dry days at least!). the bike to work scheme is still going afaik.

and try the city council's map for finding area names & streets... http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/MapZone/CityMapGuide/ (it needs a free browser plugin)

good luck

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement