Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigs

Options
  • 06-07-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I am a smoker and E cigs are great to use at inconvenient moments like when you wake up and feel like a smoke in the bed in a non smoking house. But they are pretty useless. You get an excessive nicotine buzz when you first take a few drags off them and after that the drags are too weak! Anybody got any experience? I'm talking about the Jasper disposable E-Cig

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you're using a ****e e-cig, hardly surprising it's not very good.

its like buying a ford ka and wondering why you're being overtaken by a tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

the Jasper ecig is cr*p you might as well be sucking your thumb, actually you would probably get better satisfaction from that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah... This is 2 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Time warp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Lol never noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TannerLothrop

I am a smoker and E cigs are great to use at inconvenient moments like when you wake up and feel like a smoke in the bed in a non smoking house. But they are pretty useless. You get an excessive nicotine buzz when you first take a few drags off them and after that the drags are too weak! Anybody got any experience? I'm talking about the Jasper disposable E-Cig

I have been using ecig for a while and have got some pretty good outcomes.. I have nearly quit analog smoking which is huge achievement for me..

Anybody out there who has used vaping to quit analog smoking? Share out your experiences guys..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Anybody out there who has used vaping to quit analog smoking? Share out your experiences guys..

Have a look here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92835705

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Smoked for 30 odd years , tried giving up loads of times and never lasted more than a day or two . tried vaping last May , by June I was doing 50/50 vaping and smoking , by July I was off the cigarettes and vaping 6mg and thats where I am now and intend to stay .

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

There's more here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91716766

jonski wrote: »
    Smoked for 30 odd years , tried giving up loads of times and never lasted more than a day or two . tried vaping last May , by June I was doing 50/50 vaping and smoking , by July I was off the cigarettes and vaping 6mg and thats where I am now and intend to stay .

Thanks Jonski for sharing out your experience..It means vaping does help in quitting smoking.. Encouraging signs for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I don't intend to stop vaping but I know a couple of people who have totally quit. Well one is just on zero nic actually if that counts. Personally I'm off the cigs for 1.5 years and haven't had even a drag on one since last november (A chap had Iranian cigarillo type things and I was curious - It was disgusting, one puff and threw it away). Thats after 25 years on/off smoking.

Didihno wrote: »
    I don't intend to stop vaping but I know a couple of people who have totally quit. Well one is just on zero nic actually if that counts. Personally I'm off the cigs for 1.5 years and haven't had even a drag on one since last november (A chap had Iranian cigarillo type things and I was curious - It was disgusting, one puff and threw it away). Thats after 25 years on/off smoking.

We all need the nic hit & also vaping keeps our hands busy,otherwise we'll go blind:D:D:D

We all need the nic hit & also vaping keeps our hands busy,otherwise we'll go blind:D:D:D

Yes vaping does keeps our hands busy and it is much more effective in curtailing our bad smoking habit..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I moved to vaping after smoking for 15 years. Crazy.

You all think about it,that was some achievement we all did,congratulations to us,we may as well be proud as well.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I moved to vaping after smoking for 15 years. Crazy.
    15 years is lots of time..You have got fantastic outcomes with vaping..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Thanks Jonski for sharing out your experience..It means vaping does help in quitting smoking.. Encouraging signs for me..

Choose your words wisely in Vaping forums or the EU will ban them for sure :p

Vaping does help however in replacing smoking as your habit of choice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jeanrose770

I successfully quit smoking with the use of an Estick. I bought my first electronic cigarette a few years back, went through a few months and several changes, until I ended finding a setup that I preferred!
    So happy to be analog free and thank you so much to the fact these exist, made quitting so much easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

was.deevey wrote: »
    Choose your words wisely in Vaping forums or the EU will ban them for sure :p

Vaping does help however in replacing smoking as your habit of choice ;)

So, it helps to quit smoking. Because you're no longer smoking.

None if us kid ourselves that we're not addicted to nicotine.

But we've quit smoking.

I'm off smokes a little over a week now. No desire for them, and am happily vaping away.

I was smoking about 30 a day, and had been smoking since I was 12. From the age of 21-24, I was smoking 40+ a day, down to 30 a day by this year.

Now, i am 25, off smokes, and vaping 12mg liquid and will be down to 6mg soon because I'm finding 12mg too strong :o

Advertisement