Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP Link AV200 with Netgear Wireless Router

Options
  • 06-07-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Hey,

recently bought the TP Link AV200 powerline adapters. They work fine and am happy with the speed. However in the room there are 4 devices to connect to the web so rather than plugging in a device as I need it, I am hoping to use a Netgear Wireless router (WGR614 v6) so as to give myself more connection options.

Does anyone know what changes I might need to make to the router so it receives the signal from the TP Link adapter makes the 4 ports available and a wireless connection available?

Thanks,

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Try something along these lines: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/11233

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

branners69 wrote: »
    Hey,

recently bought the TP Link AV200 powerline adapters. They work fine and am happy with the speed. However in the room there are 4 devices to connect to the web so rather than plugging in a device as I need it, I am hoping to use a Netgear Wireless router (WGR614 v6) so as to give myself more connection options.

Does anyone know what changes I might need to make to the router so it receives the signal from the TP Link adapter makes the 4 ports available and a wireless connection available?

Thanks,

Branners

Disable dhcp and connect to the powerline with a lan port. Also disable firewall, nat and upnp as they're not being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Thanks for the replies, I managed to get it sorted. I hadnt disabled the DHCP but once I did it was grand!

Thanks again,

Branners

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

I get today the same TP-Link AV200 powerline in sale on harvey norman, speed is great, i have upc 30mb and speedtest.net show me 34 mb :D

Advertisement