Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokyo Marui M16A1 Vietnam Edition XM16E1

Options
  • 06-07-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I've been selling my collection to put more money into my M16 by Tokyo Marui. Its the A1 Vietnam Edition. Its a VERY solid reliable AEG. Ive always collected but never modified.
    Can someone help with tips. Id like increased fps with higher rate of fire and of course more accuracy.
    Will these things ruin its great reliability?
    What brands make good upgrades? or should I just get TM upgrades?

Thanks, Daniel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Accuracy will be improved with a 6.03mm barrel

If you wish to increase the ROF then fit a faster motor
    If your TM is currently fitted with a TM Hyper 700 motor then fit the Hyper 1000 and keep the TM reliability or if you want something a bit faster again then a G&P M120 motor is a very good choice

As most TM AEGs come stock shooting 280-300 fps then a spring change to a M90 should get you 310-315fps assuming a good airseal

If you are going in to change the spring then I would also suggest changing the existing Nylon bushings to Metal Bushings + a good Shim job
    A bearing spring guide will also help to improve the overall smooth running of the gearbox

If you are going to open the Gearbox then as a matter of course I would always fit a new Piston O-ring

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭punchit92

DeBurca wrote: »
    Accuracy will be improved with a 6.03mm barrel

If you wish to increase the ROF then fit a faster motor
    If your TM is currently fitted with a TM Hyper 700 motor then fit the Hyper 1000 and keep the TM reliability or if you want something a bit faster again then a G&P M120 motor is a very good choice

As most TM AEGs come stock shooting 280-300 fps then a spring change to a M90 should get you 310-315fps assuming a good airseal

If you are going in to change the spring then I would also suggest changing the existing Nylon bushings to Metal Bushings + a good Shim job
    A bearing spring guide will also help to improve the overall smooth running of the gearbox

If you are going to open the Gearbox then as a matter of course I would always fit a new Piston O-ring
    Thanks DeBurca
    Thats some quality info to work off of. Just wondering would you change the Battery. And to what type and voltage. Do you have to change fuses?
    Thanks, Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

If you are currently using a 8.4v battery then a move to a 9.6v battery will give you a ROF increase of approx 14% all other things being equal

If your current fuse is rated at 15Amps then it may blow if changing to a higher Voltage battery but wait and see first, if it does then you may need to go up a notch the next higher rating being 20Amps but as I say wait and see first

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

It's TM, leave it well alone until it actually breaks.
    Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Leftyflip wrote: »
    It's TM, leave it well alone until it actually breaks.
    Seriously.

x2. If you open it, the magic japanese airsoft fairies will escape and it'll never be the same again.

• Advertisement

x2. If you open it, the magic japanese airsoft fairies will escape and it'll never be the same again.

Haha really? It really really.... Really reliable I suppose. Scary reliable.
    Well this was still great info as a general guide to tuning. Maybe the Classic Army M15a4 should be the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Leave TM well alone; they're never the same once opened. They're tuned for 1 joule, and we play at one joule - sweet sweet perfection.

Ger is dead right; leave it be until it breaks.

Instead, use one of your other guns as the infamous 'project' piece :)

PS: If you do go ahead with the modifications, follow DeBurca's advice - all sound information!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭josh68

Inari wrote: »
    Leave TM well alone; they're never the same once opened. They're tuned for 1 joule, and we play at one joule - sweet sweet perfection.

Ger is dead right; leave it be until it breaks.

Instead, use one of your other guns as the infamous 'project' piece :)

PS: If you do go ahead with the modifications, follow DeBurca's advice - all sound information!

x2 leave it alone till it breaks

I get ya, If it aint broke, Dont fix it. Yeah Deburcas provided a good template.
    I'm going to order from ehobbyasia.com unless anyone knows a better site. I'd go Irish but my experience so far has been someone at a desk writing down what I need on the back of a notepad with my name and number, then never contacting me again :mad: . Same story when I go to a bike shop or a Hobby store.

Advertisement