Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance cut off today!

Options
  • 06-07-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

We received a letter a while back saying our rent allowance was being reviewed & to provide a letter from the co council stating we have applied & are on the waiting list for a council house. It just so happened that cork county council are reviewing everyone on the housing list & everyone must reapply to be re assessed under new guidelines. So council wouldnt give letter for cwo & said we must be reassessed first. To be reassessed I (under new rules) had to prove i didnt own property in uk from when i lived there until i was 3 yrs old, that took 5 weeks so we finally got everything into council & was told reassessment will take 4-6 weeks (that was end of may). Got onto cwo & explained, gave cwo letter saying we were waiting to be reassessed. Heard no more from either. Went for rent allowance today & no payment. Cwo said no letter from council yet so we are cut off. Hubby went off out to county hall only to be told now there is a 12 week wait & nothing more can be done. So are we to now pay our rent for next 3 months out of husbands jobseekers & if we do can we claim it back once everything is sorted? We will prob have to borrow money for food etc so obviously we are very stressed out with worry. Just to ad to it we are moving house end of month cos current landlord couldnt drop rent to meet lowered ceiling of 715pm so he has people waiting to move in & we're still looking for somewhere else to rent. Any advice welcome please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tweety13

Hey i gt the same problem. Is it the pn1 form? How do you go about getting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Go back down to your cwo and explain that if you pay your rent from your partners jobseekers and you will have little or no money for food and bills, not to mention kids going back to school in a few weeks (assuming you have kids) and see if they can help you out regarding food/bills/school etc.

They may not be able to give money for rent, but see if they can help with the other things.

If you genuinely cannot put food on the table for yourself or your kids, they should be able help you out.

Advertisement