Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

level7 or level 8??

Options
  • 06-07-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

i was offered both 1st choices in the level 7 and level 8, its the same course but now i'm stumped as to which i should do now. I can do the 7 year over 3 years then take a break and do the final year after a few years of working. Or just go for it and do the level 8 all in one go over 4 years...
    if you were in my shoes what would you do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭antkeane

ditzyfairy wrote: »
    i was offered both 1st choices in the level 7 and level 8, its the same course but now i'm stumped as to which i should do now. I can do the 7 year over 3 years then take a break and do the final year after a few years of working. Or just go for it and do the level 8 all in one go over 4 years...
    if you were in my shoes what would you do

Accept the level 8. you can then decide in your third year. you may have problems getting in for the 4th year if your 3 years of grades arent the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

antkeane wrote: »
    Accept the level 8. you can then decide in your third year. you may have problems getting in for the 4th year if your 3 years of grades arent the best.

so does that mean if i accept level 8, after 3 years i can leave with a level 7 and not do the 4th year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

ditzyfairy wrote: »
    so does that mean if i accept level 8, after 3 years i can leave with a level 7 and not do the 4th year?

I asked this question to my head of department and he said in certain circumstances you can leave after year 3 but that you wouldn't get your qualification until the following year when your level 8 finishes. This was to prevent people from getting their level 7's and then deciding to go back for the level 8 the following year, releaving them of the pressure of failing level 8 which would be unfair to the people who went straight through.

Obviously could be different from college to college. Best asking yourself

Advertisement