Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student courses (late applications)

Options
  • 06-07-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I just got laid off there yesterday and am a bit panicked. It came completely out of the blue.

I know the cut off point for Mature applications via the CAO and passed for this upcoming year but I was wondering are there any courses that accept late applications directly from mature students to start in Sep of this year?

Thanks for reading this,
    Appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You could try the CAO Vacant places facility: http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutVPL

You might find a course that appeals to you but the choice can be limited. The number of courses on the list will increase over the next few weeks into September and they are open to anyone to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 agreenyblue

Late response, perhaps irrelevant,

Have you tried http://www.springboardcourses.ie/, I think you'd be eligible. It's great if you can find a course that suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Joncol wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I just got laid off there yesterday and am a bit panicked. It came completely out of the blue.

I know the cut off point for Mature applications via the CAO and passed for this upcoming year but I was wondering are there any courses that accept late applications directly from mature students to start in Sep of this year?

Thanks for reading this,
    Appreciated.

LIT-Tipperary have a lot of courses open for Available places at the moment and will be interviewing mature students again in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Where do you live OP?

National College of Ireland, based in the IFSC, don't take applications through CAO for mature students, you are required to apply directly. They have a whole range of business, IT and finance courses and accept people late into the summer.

You could also look at getting contact details for admission offices in all the colleges you'd like to go to. Give them a call and see if they're still accepting applications and then choose a course if they are.

Private colleges such as Dublin Business School accept late applications also, but you can't avail of the free fee's initiative but can still get grants as far as I'm aware.

Advertisement