Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car drive tomorrow - Blanchardstown to City Centre

Options
  • 06-07-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow I've to make the journey from Blanchardstown to the City Centre.

I usually go through the phoinex park but due to the concerts going on that's going to be mad in there.

What would be the best option to make it to Camden St?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Take the Navan Rd, turn right at Phibsboro and take the N2 across the river. Then onto Camden St. If you'll be doing the drive at concert time, be careful going around the Ashtown Gate roundabout. Lots of drunk people around last night, drinking their cans along the roadside.

Blanchardstown to Chapelizod and Strawberry Beds to town. Fairly slow way to go as the road twists and turns a lot.

M50 to Palmerstown/Exit 6. Into town via Kilmainham. Probably the most indirect way to go, but roads are bigger/wider, so you can drive faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Thanks. I'll take that trip.

You mean take the right at John Doyle's pub isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Take the Navan Rd, turn right at Phibsboro and take the N2 across the river. Then onto Camden St. If you'll be doing the drive at concert time, be careful going around the Ashtown Gate roundabout. Lots of drunk people around last night, drinking their cans along the roadside.

Blanchardstown to Chapelizod and Strawberry Beds to town. Fairly slow way to go as the road twists and turns a lot.

M50 to Palmerstown/Exit 6. Into town via Kilmainham. Probably the most indirect way to go, but roads are bigger/wider, so you can drive faster.

No right turn onto N2 at phibsboro. Better off taking a right at the new Tesco on the Navan road onto the Old Cabra Road and head down Stoneybatter onto quays. Then head up through Christchurch/Pateick Street, onto Kevin street and you're almost there. There's no right turn there but it is possible down side streets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

No right turn onto N2 at phibsboro. Better off taking a right at the new Tesco on the Navan road onto the Old Cabra Road and head down Stoneybatter onto quays. Then head up through Christchurch/Pateick Street, onto Kevin street and you're almost there. There's no right turn there but it is possible down side streets etc.

Yeah that's one of the way I was thinking about doing it.

Think I'll give that a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Agreed. Sorry. Forgot you can't turn right at Doyles Corner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement