Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to notify SW of work experience

Options
  • 06-07-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,
    I was made redundant from my job last march and have since been on job seekers benefit. I am wanting to change my career direction and so am currently doing a home study course in the area I wish to work in. I have been asked to cover 4 days holidays (1 day this month and then 3 seperate days next month) in the area which I wish to change and so it would be great experience for me to do this.
    My query is, do I need to notify the Social Welfare of this? I am not sure if I will be paid into the hand or through the books but I have been told that if they stop the SW payment it can take weeks to start it up again, and I dont really want to take this risk for the sake of 4 days work, but yet I would like to gain this experience.

Do I just get the experience and not mention it to SW (I am afraid this will come back to bite me and my JB will be reduced).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yes you need to tell the social,as you are on benefit they will most likely dock you benefit for the days worked,up to a maximum of 3 days worked in any one week.

Advertisement