Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Controllers Dual Charging Station - €5.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

positron wrote: »
    Argos deal, it was €25.99, and plenty of stock around the country.

PlayStation3 Controller Dual Charging Station. 566/8980

208-5668980cA72UC579608M.jpg

Stock situation(checkstock.com)

Nice one op, reserved one in Swords as they only had 2 left in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Thanks reserved 1 in dunleary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

can anyone tell me if this product is any good and how is the quality? worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭positron

I picked up a couple of these during lunch, and I have one right here in front me. I don't have any PS3 controllers to test the stand with, but so far I can tell you, it comes in a nice stiff box packed like a premium product. There's a small manual, and the stand itself feels heavy and strong - nice shiny finish and there is some non-slip textured material at the bottom. It looks really nice, and feels like a quality product.

PS: Tried charging my phone with it (by putting a USB to mini-USB adapter between the phone and the stand where the controller would usually sit. Phone is charging, so it definitely works! There's an LED to each dock, and it looks like it will change colour to show if it's charging, fully charged etc. (Yes, manual says blue for charging, green when fully charged. Brilliant!! :D).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

I picked up a couple of these during lunch, and I have one right here in front me. I don't have any PS3 controllers to test the stand with, but so far I can tell you, it comes in a nice stiff box packed like a premium product. There's a small manual, and the stand itself feels heavy and strong - nice shiny finish and there is some non-slip textured material at the bottom. It looks really nice, and feels like a quality product.

PS: Tried charging my phone with it (by putting a USB to mini-USB adapter between the phone and the stand where the controller would usually sit. Phone is charging, so it definitely works! There's an LED to each dock, and it looks like it will change colour to show if it's charging, fully charged etc. (Yes, manual says blue for charging, green when fully charged. Brilliant!! :D).
    Nice review positron, I'm sold. Reserved in Blanch ( 4 left now )

It's a "Quick Act" dual docking station, but the manual inside says Argos - so probably made to order by Quick Act for Argos.

Here's video review by some one.

PS: Just after noticing it has two standard USB ports on the side as well! I would pay up to a tenner for something like this.

It's a "Quick Act" dual docking station, but the manual inside says Argos - so probably made to order by Quick Act for Argos.

Here's video review by some one.

PS: Just after noticing it has two standard USB ports on the side as well! I would pay up to a tenner for something like this.

You make a convincing case for it, am very tempted to reserve one now, may do before the night is out :D

Just one question can you use a longer usb cable than the one supplied to conect charger to ps3? Thanks

Just one question can you use a longer usb cable than the one supplied to conect charger to ps3? Thanks

You can use any USB cable really, I don't see why it wouldn't work. You could probably power this even with one of those wall outlet to usb chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Xbox 360 version with two battery packs for €12.99, not as good but decent value:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5669051/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CXbox+360%7C14419847.htm[/QUOTE]

All sold out in Dublin stores :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Cheers Positron, good spot.

Its a lot better quality than I was expecting and the bonus of 2 extra usb ports, fantastic.

Also I have used a longer usb cable, works perfect.

All in all, a top Bargain Alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Ps3 one is in smyths same price if it's any closer to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Lovelyguy wrote: »
    Nedved85 wrote: »
    Xbox 360 version with two battery packs for €12.99, not as good but decent value:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5669051/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CXbox+360%7C14419847.htm[/QUOTE]

All sold out in Dublin stores :(

Have reserved one in Swords (wife got one today without having to use it) if you want it?

(ps, well worth the money, have two controllers charging on it at the moment, looks class)

Picked up one of these today there in waterford, works great, looks class, Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

This is a good deal and thanks for posting OP. I wonder would the power coming out of one USB port on the PS3 be enough to charge 4 devices with this - I have 2 move controllers too that I could hook up via those two USBs on the side.
    Biggest downside for me with a load of these chargers is that they need the PS3 to be on at the time to charge them (unless I'm missing something huge). My preference would be for one that could be plugged into the mains independent of the PS3 (or other USB device).

Thanks again.

Yeah, it would have been great if this dock had two more dock-able thingees for charging the move controller. However, I haven't used move controllers in ages - my 1.5 year old thinks they are just baby rattles that has stopped rattling!!

You could power this dock and charge whatever you want with one of those wall-to-usb thingees that comes with iPhones, Kindles etc - you can pick them up cheap everywhere these days. Something like this perhaps:

41cCreW4YbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭brophs

Generally the PS3 controllers can't be charged with external USB chargers but, for reasons I won't pretend to understand, this one does. Once you plug it into a USB charger - I used a Gear4 generic USB charger - it charges without the PS3 being on.

Great spot, OP. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

brophs wrote: »
    Generally the PS3 controllers can't be charged with external USB chargers but, for reasons I won't pretend to understand, this one does. Once you plug it into a USB charger - I used a Gear4 generic USB charger - it charges without the PS3 being on.

Great spot, OP. Thanks.

WOW - that's brilliant brophs - I hadn't thought of that at all. I've tried to plug the controllers into a variety of regular plug in usb chargers with no success - but hadn't thought of coupling the plug in bit with one of these. This is a great deal so.
    Edit: Just reserved 1 in Waterford Argos. 4 left in stock there if anyone interested. Thanks again OP.

Advertisement