Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car insurance

Options
  • 06-07-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi just wondering about insurance, would get the same quote for 1.4 (75bhp) mk5 golf as a 1.4 tsi (120bhp) tnx :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

xxgaaxx wrote: »
    hi just wondering about insurance, would get the same quote for 1.4 (75bhp) mk5 golf as a 1.4 tsi (120bhp) tnx :)

Badly phrased question so not sure what you mean.

Would you get the same quote on both. NO.

Would you be insured if you insured it as the wrong model. No

Could you plead ignorance and get away with it should the worst happen. No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Ring an insurance company

• Registered Users Posts: 26 4wd

no there bang wide to young lads and golfs
    you probley wont get a quote for above the 75bhp if your older and they have finshed extracting all of your part time wages it shouldnt make much of a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bazgina

can anyone give me a rough estimate on an insure quote? for a golf gti 06 .... female driver on provisonal licsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Bazgina wrote: »
    can anyone give me a rough estimate on an insure quote? for a golf gti 06 .... female driver on provisonal licsense.

This is kind of a smart ass answer but try an insurance company.

It is a hell of allot better than us pulling figures out of the air and other places:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

This is kind of a smart ass answer but try an insurance company.

It is a hell of allot better than us pulling figures out of the air and other places:D.

It's not a smart answer, it was a bit of a stupid question. No age given even.

Go get an online quote

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bazgina

haha ok yeah fair enough. ( newbie so forgive me ha) I am 19 ,student nurse (dont smoke or drink either- not sure if thats even relevant). but
    I ve changed my mind again.... It was going to cost me 6 grand to get on the road , taxed and insured.... the cars not worth that hassle ... Insurance is going to cost a lot regardless but Im thinking I might try to get the full License first and maybe try to get insured on my Mums car or not. Just practice by doing the lessons...and chancing my arm at the test. The car I was looking at was a 3 door golf gti (4 grand).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

General advice for you (and anyone in a similar situation)

Don't bother looking at GTI's ect as your first car
    Best option is to get something cheap and small engined for your first motor/insurance.
    Build up the experience, pass the test,
    Upgrade the motor (power wise) as you gain experience
    This way you will be more ready for a GTI type car when you get it and it wont crucify you on insurance.

Advertisement