Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richie Gorey v Paul Kelly - OMMAC 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wow! Massive fight for Gorey!

Best of luck to him that'll be a massive scalp if he can pull it off!

Sad that this means he won't be on the CC card though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wow! Massive fight for Gorey!

Best of luck to him that'll be a massive scalp if he can pull it off!

Sad that this means he won't be on the CC card though :(

Pendred was pulled from the CC card after his last fight, precautionary by his coaches due to some of the hits he took.

Nothing to do with Gorey apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Rip his head off!

Pendred was pulled from the CC card after his last fight, precautionary by his coaches due to some of the hits he took.

Nothing to do with Gorey apparently

Yeah I knew this but it was understood that Richy might still fight on the card.

What a fight to fall into though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

I really fancied Gorey to beat Pendred, fairly savvy move my Pendred mngt to take him off card. But Paul Kelly? I think it's a tiny bit early, Kelly is extremely strong in the clinch, has what the politically incorrect called 'retard strength' and knock out power. Basically a bigger, more experienced stronger Gorey. Let's just hope he takes it easy.

• Advertisement

Why exactly is Pendred off the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I thought it was fairly well known that Cathal was pulled from the fight because he picked up a lot a damage during his last bout. His coach made the decision to put him on a no contact regime. Obviously you can't prepare for an opponent of Richie's calibre when you can't spar or drill.

Conspiracy theories are fun and all, but ultimately are insulting to both fighters and camps.

This is a great opportunity for Richie, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

cambridge wrote: »
    I think it's a tiny bit early, Kelly is extremely strong in the clinch, has what the politically incorrect called 'retard strength' and knock out power. Basically a bigger, more experienced stronger Gorey. Let's just hope he takes it easy.
    Not even gonna bother with the start of that post as itts just ridiculous.
    Bigger and stronger????? gorey is a monster of a WW. Kelly is actually an undersized one and has been to LW before. I dont see a way of gorey losing this one unless he gets clipped early like in his last fight.
    I reckon he gets it by goreytine
    (Plus Im sure richie has his fair share of "retard strength" ;))

Not even gonna bother with the start of that post as itts just ridiculous.
    Bigger and stronger????? gorey is a monster of a WW. Kelly is actually an undersized one and has been to LW before. I dont see a way of gorey losing this one unless he gets clipped early like in his last fight.
    I reckon he gets it by goreytine
    (Plus Im sure richie has his fair share of "retard strength" ;))

"Retard Strength" is named after Richard Gorey...

(I'm going to pay for that one) :P

• Advertisement

Gorey and Pendred are big for WW in Ireland, but they're not UFC big. On weigh in I think you will be surprised by the size disparity in Kelly's favour.

I've never heard of a MMA coach introducing their own medical suspension, fair play to him, it's obviously in Pendred's best interests. I wonder if you'd be so accommodating if the same thing happened to you? Someone dropped out of your fight because they had a rough fight a few months earlier?

Goreyand Pendred are big for WW in Ireland, but they're not UFC big.
    Seriously???

well i haven't seen him in a while maybe he's got 70s big in the mean time, does he walk around 200lbs like the ufc ww's?

well i haven't seen him in a while maybe he's got 70s big in the mean time, does he walk around 200lbs like the ufc ww's?
    Wouldnt have a clue what weight either walks around at but richie competes in grappling in the U90 division. Cathal and most of the SBG fighters alike seem to walk around constantly fighting fit within cutting distance. Doesnt take away from the size of the guy. Easily wouldnt look outta place weighin in against a ufc WW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lads I hate to come across all 'moderator' but please stop using the term 'retard strength' ~ there are simpler and less offensive ways to describe someone with an unnatural strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

If he tries to clinch with Gorey he will just be dropped on his head.

excited for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Gorey and Pendred are big for WW in Ireland, but they're not UFC big. On weigh in I think you will be surprised by the size disparity in Kelly's favour.

I've never heard of a MMA coach introducing their own medical suspension, fair play to him, it's obviously in Pendred's best interests. I wonder if you'd be so accommodating if the same thing happened to you? Someone dropped out of your fight because they had a rough fight a few months earlier?

Both Cathal and Richie make similar cuts to all but the most extreme in the WW division, regardless of what show they're contracted to.

I think every fighter is quite "accomodating" as you put it, when someone is genuinely injured. I've had plenty of people pull out of fights due to injuries, and I've always wished them a speedy recovery. It's a bit of a pain, but it's common enough even for people who fight sporadically, never mind those fighting regularly with a short turn around time.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Not far off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭RoboRat

If he tries to clinch with Gorey he will just be dropped on his head.

Thinking that myself, isn't Gorey a BB in Judo? Not a good idea to clinch a Judoka!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

RoboRat wrote: »
    Thinking that myself, isn't Gorey a BB in Judo? Not a good idea to clinch a Judoka!

Yes he's a judo black.

• Advertisement
Advertisement