Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad special rate for disadvantaged students

Options
  • 05-07-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am planning to do a three postgraduate doctorate.

I should qualify for the special rate of the grant for disadvantaged students as I will have been getting social welfare payments for specified time.

My query relates to the second and third year of the course. I won't meet the criteria as I won't have been receiving a sw payment in advance.

Does this mean I wont be eligible to receive a grant in the second and third year of the course?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

There is no grant for postgrads unless you mean the grant to cover tuition fees, which is up to €6000 if classified as disadvantaged or €2000 if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mgerallen

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am refering to the disadvantaged student grant for tuition fees that you mentioned.

My question is if i qualify for that grant in year one of the course will automatically qualify in year 2 and 3 for disadvantaged student grant?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

mgerallen wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am refering to the disadvantaged student grant for tuition fees that you mentioned.

My question is if i qualify for that grant in year one of the course will automatically qualify in year 2 and 3 for disadvantaged student grant?

Thanks

I don't think this would be a problem to be honest.

Maybe contact SUSI support

Email: support@susi.cdvec.ie
    Telephone 0761 08 7874

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thepoker5

hi,
    i am considering undertaking postgraduate study....as my mother and father are on disability allowance and carers allowance, does anyone know if these are disregarded or not included in terms of reckonable income???

Advertisement