Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation transfer, help!

Options
  • 05-07-2012 8:35pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi just wondering if you can give me any advice!!
    I am booked into Roebuck accommodation for next year and have paid my deposit, however I want to change to somewhere in Merville and am wondering if it is possible to change over????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DANCE111

Locker10a wrote: »
    hi just wondering if you can give me any advice!!
    I am booked into Roebuck accommodation for next year and have paid my deposit, however I want to change to somewhere in Merville and am wondering if it is possible to change over????

I'm pretty sure UCD won't let you just change accomodations like that!

The way around it is to do a room swap, with someone who's in Merville. If you both agree to it, and contact UCD, I think the Residences people just swap the two names and schedule of fees. If you don't know someone in Merville who's willing to swap to Roebuck, then you should put up a post in Boards, and hopefully you'll get lucky! Hope this helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 000chris000

Yup, I did that last year - just go down to the office in Roebuck as soon as you move in ( Make sure to do it literally straight away because its on a first come first serve basis ) and tell them you want to apply for a room transfer to merville. If theres someone in merville who does the same thing, looking to go to Roebuck, they'll arrange a swap. I'd say you're chances of getting a swap are pretty good, mightn't actually happen until maybe a month after you move in though, so you'll have to stick it out in Roebuck for a while! There's also a transfer fee of €50

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ErasmusUCD

Yup, I did that last year - just go down to the office in Roebuck as soon as you move in ( Make sure to do it literally straight away because its on a first come first serve basis ) and tell them you want to apply for a room transfer to merville. If theres someone in merville who does the same thing, looking to go to Roebuck, they'll arrange a swap. I'd say you're chances of getting a swap are pretty good, mightn't actually happen until maybe a month after you move in though, so you'll have to stick it out in Roebuck for a while! There's also a transfer fee of €50

I would be coming to UCD this year I was wondering the same, the only booking option I have for now is Blackrock but i want to transfer to accommodation on Belfield campus when I come i.e. Merville, Glenomena etc. Can you please guide me on that, how to do it? Were you successful in getting a transfer yourself?

Advertisement