Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not strictly Battlefieldy but....

Options
  • 05-07-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here use a capture card? Any recommendations? I've seen two much hilarious/awesome stuff on the Battlefield servers to let it all go unrecorded anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

For console gaming at least, a Hauppauge PVR is the most popular, although there are cheaper options

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Had a look at that and it does look like a quality bit of kit. Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Back when I still played CoD, a few mates and I tried to start a gaming channel. The one thing we took away from it? Avoid standard definition capture cards. :P

You need the capture card plugged in and recording at all times because if you don't, I can promise you that the good stuff will only happen when you decide not to set it up. Which is a pain in the bollocks if your capture card is standard definition and you're working with a HD TV. Such a waste to use a HD TV for SD but you won't have a choice if you don't have a HD card. It was the main reason we stopped - we couldn't afford a good HD card and playing games in SD on a big HD TV was painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I know a few people who have used EasyCap plugged nto their PC, and into their xbox (will work for PS3 as well). The quality is very good.

the_syco wrote: »
    I know a few people who have used EasyCap plugged nto their PC, and into their xbox (will work for PS3 as well). The quality is very good.

I wouldn't say very good. It was an EasyCap I used and I'd personally consider the quality passable at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

HD PVR is the way to go.Just make sure you always have it on when you play.The amount of stuff I've missed from forgetting to hit the capture button would astonish you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I was thinking about buying a device to record games too.
    Problem I have with the Hauppauge PVR is that it has no hard drive.

I'd like to have something that can record to the box itself. Then transfer as a file to my pc. Would be so much easier and less messy.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I wouldn't say very good. It was an EasyCap I used and I'd personally consider the quality passable at best.
    What software were you using to capture it with?

the_syco wrote: »
    What software were you using to capture it with?

I honestly don't remember.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    I honestly don't remember.
    Have used Sony Vegas in the past, and have found the quality to be good, and have found that the wrong software and/or codec makes a difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement