Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question

Options
  • 05-07-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey lads, I have been hit by the airsoft bug bad and I was looking to get a second AEG the one I have at the minute is a D-Boys M4 not the CQB. I was looking through various websites and have come across a really great looking one the G&G G26 Electric Blowback AEG.

I don't know much about what makes a good AEG so I was just wondering would this be worth a purchase over my D-Boy. I love the way it looks also what type of mags would the gun take too I have no idea. Cheers guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JFAirsofter

i have no personal experience with the G&G G26, but as for the types of magazine they take, there basically an M4 so they take standard M4 mags

as far as i'm concerned G&G are a good manufacturer, and i have heard alot of good thongs about there stock internals, but if i'm wrong someone please correct me!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I'd be a bit wary of G&G right now, they're quality has dropped :( . once they pick the ball back up I will have no problem recommending any of G&G's AEG's but right now they seem to be getting a bit lazy so would be a bit careful, if you can try get one of their 'Gen 1' Raiders. their new Raiders are pretty, well crap. I have one of the first models they produced and it's still going now and in fact i use it as my main rifle even though it's designed for people starting into airsoft :)
    I know it doesn't really answer your question too well but in general I would say yes go for it but I'd be a bit more cautious getting any of their gear right now, that's not too say that the one you're thinking of getting will break, you may get lucky : and there's always the warranty :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Raccoon City Development Labs

agreed with T4RGET, there build quality has dropped. ive had first hand experience with the gr26, lets just say, one of my mates bought one, he was about to go into his first game of airsoft with it, first bit of action the rifle the rifle would have seen, as he took the lower part of the handguard off, there whole front section fell right off, he tried numerous times to put it back on, but no joy, id stay away from it if i were you. considering you want a second aeg, presume its a back-up in case your primary aeg breaks down, id recommend searching the adverts section or facebook buy and sell pages and picking up a second hand aeg. hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

Part of his problum is its the top part of the hand gaurd that comes off and not the bottom. I had one and the lazer and light didnt work but if you want to point something at someone and have bb's come out and go kinda where you were pointing.. its ok. looks a lot cooler then a raider.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Leeroy!

Personally i love G&G but my experience is limited to the Raiders, the original ones - GR15 i think - Carbine & CQB.
    Ive had 3 come through me now and everyone of them worked and performed great. Only thing i would say is that they do make them a little bit to plastic for my liking however on the flip side they are nice and light. Ive a full metal setup and my arms are pretty tired at the end of the day. Huuuuge difference in the raider and full metal.
    Also the internals are just like any other stock low to mid range guns however any of the gearboxes I've come across from the raiders have been fine. Never had to shim them from when i received them and 2 of the 3 i had were new. The pistons in most are plastic teeth so you should be aware that they will eventually wear down but thats normal, and once your not riding the trigger like a mad man then it should last fine.
    The motors seem ok, not amazing but they work. and if you've only just been hit by the airsoft bug, my personal recommendation would be to have no reservation about guying a G&G, just bare in mind that you will want to upgrade to something else soon. thats a given...

But I'm sure the others might agree with me on this, but thats what happens to us all. if you like you could call it stage 2 of the airsoft bug. you will always want something else. so whatever you first choice is you should do a little research (for me mainly on youtube) also check out some reviews. And whatever choice you make be sure to keep in mind that within 3 months you will already be looking towards your next purchase. (or at least thats how it goes for me :D) so enjoy it.

to sum it up - a G&G will be a fine purchase for you - don't have any reservations about it. just make sure to buy from a store for your first one and that way if you have trouble then you have a return for advice and follow up etc, then when you've learnt a little about the version 2 gearbox and airsoft in general you be able to (if your into it) work on them yourself.
    You'll probably be trading/selling it on here in airsoft adverts in a few months anyway :p

hope this helps.

Leeroy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement