Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows xp - desktop back to default

Options
  • 05-07-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi. I have a problem.
    Window xp - after restart the desktop is back to default (like after reinstallation), it meeans that all files and shortcuts on desktop are gone.
    Do's any body knows what can this be?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

did you do a reinstall ?

or factory reset ?

or just logon as a different user

I'd say it's a corrupted user profile, where the system has loaded the default profile instead. Your files are still there - they'll be in the Documents and Settings folder. If this is the case, the easiest thing would be to create a new user account and copy the files from the old profile to the new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MartiX

But the user it's administrator, so can i create another administrator account? And any idea how it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

MartiX wrote: »
    But the user it's administrator, so can i create another administrator account? And any idea how it happen?

Is it Pro or Home ?

Advertisement