Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karting

Options
  • 05-07-2012 10:20am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all. Heading to a stag in your fine city in mid august, and the bucks want to go karting. Staying in the city, its either called the quay or its on the quay. Any help glady appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I brought my nephews out to The National Kart Centre a few weeks ago and I found to be brilliant. It's an indoor track so you don't have to worry about the weather and the track & carts are top quality, the guys running it seem very professional as well. They also do other activities there in addition to carting.

There's also Delta Karting, I've never been there so I don't know anything about there. Finally, there's an outdoor track in I went there with work a long time ago (about 10 years I think.....) and it was great also.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That's the one i found last night. Had a look online, and couldn't find any prices. I sent them an email, haven't heard from them yet. Do you remember what you paid for himself? Or better still, would you have seen what they charge adults?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think it was something like €25 for a half an hour or something like that, but if you have a group you can do a Grand Prix type event for a similar price I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Another vote for the National Kart Centre, been a few times now and its great craic! Been to Delta to but prefered the NKC.
    The outdoor track is in Kilcornan, about 20 minutes or so from town, havnt been there in years though so not sure what its like now!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

If its the weekend make sure you book in advance no matter which one you choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Kilcornan Karting also have a website, its been a few years since I was there but was always worthwhile if you are heading out in a big group, about 20 minute drive from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Have been to all 3 but The National Kart Centre is the only one Ive gone back to. Kilcornan kill the karts numerous times if someone spins, gets annoying.

Delta feels very small.

NKC feels huge in comparison and theres a good bit of poke. The lads will nearly always do you a deal for groups as well. They do airsoft and archery there and can arrange food. Give them a buzz and see what type of thing they can offer you!

Advertisement