Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ear piercings

Options
  • 05-07-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i just got my ear pierced and want to know how soon i can change the piercing as the stud looks horrible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

ciaranl95 wrote: »
    i just got my ear pierced and want to know how soon i can change the piercing as the stud looks horrible

I changed my lobe piercing after 2 days and it was fine but 3 weeks is what I was told.
    A lot of people change their lobe piercings early to a preferred ring/stud and never have problems.. Im not recommending you to do it though as it can still get infected/sore..

If you decide to though use proper jewellery and not something cheap out of pennys or dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I think you should wait six weeks. The jewellery you'd be changing to won't be sterile and could result in an infection. Also, a new piercing can close up in a matter of seconds, especially if it was gunned as the studs are such small gauges, so changing jewellery too soon can be risky.

If you're going to go ahead and change it too soon anyway, make sure the new jewellery is an appropriate material (steel or titanium are best) and at least place it in alcohol for a few minutes beforehand or something.

Just a question though, did you not see the jewellery before you had it pierced? Why not just opt for something nice in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ElizabethDante

Each persons body heals differently and the reason they say three weeks is so it is definitely are healed up. I have many piercings and changed the jewelery at different times for each one, but I always waited until it appeared healed enough.

As it is so fresh, I would advise you grin and bear wearing that jewelery until it is better healed.

It is only a small period of your life and then you can enjoy your piercing forever. (Or until you take it out.)

Although I do have the same thought as finality --- Why not originally get the jewelery you liked? Or was it a quick momentary judgment and then you quickly changed your mind?

I tend to go for the plain jewelery until it heals and I can interchange them whenever I feel like it! :D I advise the the next time if you feel you may be likely to changing your mind about jewelery.

Advertisement