Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Billboard

Options
  • 04-07-2012 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭

So I was on my way home from work this evening and I saw this billboard at the train station

abortion.jpg

Am I alone in thinking this is so wrong? Would it be ok for a pro-abortion billboard to advertise in places?

Just looking for people's opinions on this really.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There was a fairly indepth debate on these in AH recently

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056671676

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i think it does tear lives apart,i know a girl who was talked into an abortion by a guy who wasnt serious about the ''relationship'' inverted commas(may i stress those),anyway as it went the trauma of having to go through it nearly de railed her mentally and its not like you could tell people about it,in ireland anyway,so if there are problems with it,theres nowhere you can go,just bottle it up and get your complimentary counselling session..

i dont think ireland is ready for abortion and dont think it should be legal here,i just dont think we as a nation would be ready for such things,and for it to be so available would mean girls end up making the wrong decisions some of which they might regret..regret can be hard to live with

im not for or against it,i think it very much depends on the situation,ie rape or assault or having a downs in the womb..can be some tough decisions i cant even imagine how hard it is to have to do this..

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

i seen it on my bus today I think it is extremely wrong tbh , its a womans choice and billboards like these are only biased, I know plenty of women who had abortions and they didnt regret it. I for one think it too catholic dominated based advertising. for one it is making people who have had abortion try and feel guilty . I am not ashamed to say at the age of 21 if I was to fall pregnant would get an abortion, I am not ready and found the advertising very offensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭goingpostal1

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    So I was on my way home from work this evening and I saw this billboard at the train station

abortion.jpg

Am I alone in thinking this is so wrong? Would it be ok for a pro-abortion billboard to advertise in places?

Just looking for people's opinions this really.

These billboards are on a lot of the city buses too. If these catholic tools think abortion is a terrible sin, then they are perfectly free to NOT have abortions. Jesus and Mary will be waiting for them in heaven to reward them for being good little papists. What makes them think that they can legislate reproductive choice for the rest of us, on the basis of THEIR bullsh1t beliefs? And what makes them think they can deface our city with their fear-mongering, anti-women, anti-choice crap advertising? So you are not alone in thinking this type off heavy handed propaganda is very wrong!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

its not anti women though im not saying i agree with what their saying either..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Sorry Folks. Gonna close this one as its not really an issue confined to the limerick region. Clareman has provided a link to a debate on the issue already. Probably best to take contributions to the debate to there.

D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement