Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube PAL friendly ?

Options
  • 04-07-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭

Are Gamecube games PAL optimised for the most part or are US/JP versions still preferable ?
    Basically will be playing them on a JP console, so wondering if there is any difference between the PAL & NTSC game releases ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most PAL games run in PAL 60, in fact I've not had a Gamecube game that wasn't PAL 60 native or 50 Hz optimised. This means PAL games are actually running in a higher res unless you have a component cable for 480p.

I'm not sure but the NTSC GC's might have a problem with PAL signals but I'm pretty sure it's not an issue but worth looking into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

PAL console does RGB, NTSC does component but the cable is proprietary & serious coinage if you can even find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

RGB would be preferred alright and component is not an option on my old TV. Will see how the S-Video looks before deciding whether a PAL console is needed or not - only ordered the JP one because of the daft orange colour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Was that the orange one of off eBay.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

the best quality is USA/JAP games via a component cable - hold B when booting. PAL games don't support that high resolution mode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement