Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Modification Radio Documentary

Options
  • 04-07-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Everyone,

I'm making a radio doc about young people and their relationships with tattooing/piercing for a Dublin youth station. It's going to be based on interviews about people's body art; why they chose to get certain things done and why its important to their lives.

I'm looking to find people (mainly 18-30) who've interesting stories behind their mods and who are happy to share them. Whether it's about marking a specific event in their lives or a way of coping with a bereavement, I'm looking for the real stories of why body art can be far more than just a fashion accessory.

If you're one of those people or know anyone who is-please get in touch. I'm on quite a tight deadline so the sooner the better. But If anyone wants to find out more info, I'm happy to answer any questions.

Thanks,

Ian Byrne

BodModDoc@gmail.com

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Only open to Dublin folk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BodyArtDoc

Not at all...would love to hear from people across the country. It'll just get its first airing on a Dublin station.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I'd be up for it, I'm 28 but love random tattoos rather than meaningful ones though if thats a problem. I have 18 tattoos and 10 piercings. And I just realised I sound like I'm on a dating site :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Here's a post of mine from a while back explaining mine. PM me if they interest you:
    My first tattoo is Saurons face, from Lord of the Rings. I love the books (and later the movies) and the image has always seemed so powerful to me. I thought about getting that image tattooed on myself from the time I was 16 until I was 23, so 7 years in total.

My second tattoo was only finished Monday - it's two goldfinches, with a background of oak leaves & branches. It was chosen by my grandmother, who I'm very close to, and who I wanted to let know how much I love her.

Hey Melion,

You didn't put down 'long walks on the beach' so it's grand!

That's great you're up for it. I'm at the early research phase at the mo so I'm trying to find out some info about potential interviewees. Would you be able to email me about 3/4 lines about you: age/work situation etc and how/why you got into bod mods. It'll be treated with the strictest confidence and the email is bodmoddoc@gmail.com

I also have a work email which I can then send to you for further correspondence (if I posted that one online it would get flooded with spam!).

Cheers,

Ian

• Advertisement

Thanks Jimmy. Just PM'd you there

Advertisement