Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIM SUMMER MATHS COURSE.

Options
  • 04-07-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hi guys, I've also posted this in the NUIM fourm, sorry about the double post it wont happen again it's just i always get a good response from the mature fourm.

"Hi,

I've applied to get into science in NUIM as a mature student. I've completed the interview and got on quite well in it. I heard back the other day via email and I was told that I've been accepted but only of the basis that I partake and successfully complete what theyre calling a "summer maths course". It's obviously because my maths grade at LC level wasnt the best and they just want to see if im capable of learning it still.

It's 2 week thing running from the 16th july to the 26th july with an exam falling on the 26th. Presumably if I pass I'm guaranteed a place!

I was just wondering has anybody else been asked to do this or has anybody done it over the past few years?..I've no idea what to expect.

I've checked what the maths modules are for first year and I'm just looking at studying the basics of them, good idea or a bad idea????

Panic."

Advertisement