Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rude customer service staff in cwo

Options
  • 04-07-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

why is it that community welfare and social welfare officers feel they can treat you how they like, and why is this acceptable.

I had a situation a few years ago where i was made unemployed and signed on (only for TWO WEEKS) when i visited the community welfare officer he had a go at me, asking why i was unemployed and what made me think i could 'demand money'. I explained that having paid prsi for 4 years i was entitled, and he let it go and paid me. that was just before the recession, and i imagine he though id probably come from school and signed on, but this was not the case, and i shouldnt have been treated with such contempt.

now i have had to sign on again and i am met with the same content, half the cwo's dont know what they are doing, and the information they are giving out, and each time i speak to a new one, they treat me like i am stupid for having read incorrect information on their websites, and following through on information provided by welfare staff.

If i was unemployed my whole life or for long periods at a time i could understand why they would think that i was a benefit 'scrounger', but even still should they not read your case file, for all he knew i could have been ill!

prsi is a national INSURANCE everyone who works pays into, and it should be the case that people are helped in an appropriate manner when cashing in on that policy, just as they would with private insurance. there are 15 percent unemployed, and i think appropriate customer service should be adhered to, or the threat of their roles as officers, since im sure the government could replace them with the 15 percent.

absolutely ridiculous how things work in this country

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Thank you and closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement