Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 30Mb line ???

Options
  • 04-07-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Hi, I have UPC 30mb broadband package ... and since yesterday it is not 30mb anymore ;) ( vaguely vague )

Anyone else seeing this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

What is it now ? .... I'm interested as I just signed up for this yesterday .

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

60mb .. I'm on the southside, and a mate of mine on the northside is seeing the same ...

Whoohoo !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I started off on 15mb lat year, a few months later upgraded to 20mb, then a few months after that 25mb. Just the other day I got a letter to say I'm now upgraded to 30mb, all of them at no extra cost :). Living on the northside of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

I've never been contacted by them .... ( unless I owe them money .. )

Also been upgraded over the years - but this is the most significant change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Tony Fenton has just said customers are going to be hit with an 84euro price hike over a year. Matt Cooper is going to be discussing it in more depth in a few.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Jofspring wrote: »
    I started off on 15mb lat year, a few months later upgraded to 20mb, then a few months after that 25mb. Just the other day I got a letter to say I'm now upgraded to 30mb, all of them at no extra cost :). Living on the northside of the city.

same here, they just texted me saying they're upgrading me 25MB->30MB while price remains the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Also the 100MB line is upgraded to 120MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Part of the scheduled upgrades alright. that coverage of the 84 annual increase is over the top IMO.

few mates of mine have gotten no more than a 1.50 change per month. plenty have got no increase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

if they increase the price you can end the contract without consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

I'd say that some of that €80 odd annual increase would be to do with the increase in the charge for non payment by direct debit , which is due to go up in August I think .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Part of the scheduled upgrades alright. that coverage of the 84 annual increase is over the top IMO.

few mates of mine have gotten no more than a 1.50 change per month. plenty have got no increase

Yeah I got a letter saying I was upto 30MB from 25MB and my bill would go up by around €2 a month from August. I assume €84 is for people who have the top of the range TV/phone/broadband packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Any increase in the 50mb line?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

60 Methinks. They all seem to have gone up 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 22 oneway2

I'm seeing an increase from 25 to 30.

Now I just need it to be a *little* more stable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Can you get UPC in county limerick or just the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    if they increase the price you can end the contract without consequences

Have to be careful about this though. Got a letter saying they increased the price because they increased the speed (25mb-30mb even though it's still on ly registering as 15mb avg) BUT I have 30 days to downgrade.. I you dont downgrade then this is considered acceptance of a new contract. Which I think ties you in for another year (open to correction on this one).

Advertisement